Join your friends and neighbors next Friday, November 19, for Tribune’s Christmas Open House. A full slate of festive, free activities is scheduled, sure to delight children and adults alike. Downtown stores will be open late for holiday shopping and Christmas cheer will fill the air as community members enjoy free horse-drawn carriage rides, visits with Santa, a free children’s movie, and much more.
For a printable schedule, download the flyer below:
VFW Soup & Pie Supper. VFW Post 7521 and the Ladies Auxiliary will host a soup and pie supper from 4:30 – 7 p.m. for a free-will donation.
VFW Craft Fair. Hosted by the VFW Auxiliary, the Christmas Fair invites crafters, merchants, and other displays to set up booths in the north half of the VFW. Booths are available and can be arranged by contacting Joyce Huddleston at (620) 376-8159. The Craft Fair will open its doors at 4 p.m.
Free Horse-drawn Carriage Rides & Visits with Santa. Santa will visit with children from 5-7 p.m. and carriage rides will run from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. departing from First Farm Bank, which is graciously sponsoring the carriage rides. Both carriage rides and visits with Santa will need to be reserved in advance, using the links below. If you have difficulties or need assistance, call Greeley County Community Development at (620) 376-2548.
- To sign up for carriage rides, please use this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4BAFA62CA6FDC61-carriage1
- To sign up for a visit with Santa, please use this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4BAFA62CA6FDC61-visit
Free Children’s Movie – Fred Clause. Tribune’s Star Theater will show Fred Clause at 6:30 p.m. and will provide a free pop and popcorn to all who attend. The movie is one hour and 56 minutes long and is rated PG. TBK Bank is graciously sponsoring the movie and snacks.
A Book Sale, Music, and Refreshments. The Greeley County Library will host a book sale, hand out free candy canes, and have music and refreshments available from 5-6:30 p.m. Note: Santa will be across the street at First Farm Bank.
Face-Painting, Popcorn, and the Angel Tree. From 4-6:30 p.m., Greeley County Health Services will offer face-painting and popcorn at the CYAT Center. The Community Angel Tree will also be set up there.
S’mores at the Library Lot. From 5-7 p.m., join Greeley County Community Development for free s’mores at the decorated lot directly south of the Greeley County Library.
Christmas Tree Lighting. At 6:15, gather around the tree between City Hall and Elliott Insurance for the official lighting of the Christmas Tree. Students from Greeley County Schools will perform Christmas songs. The tree is lit thanks to Dixon Farms.
Business Specials. Downtown businesses will be running specials, some throughout the day and some in the evening.
– Ashley’s Graphics will be open from 4 – 8 p.m. with discounts on fall tees (25% off), in-stock Twisted X (30% off), and select everyday tees (50% off).
– The Community Angel Tree will be set up at the CYAT Center.
– Dixon Drug will offer 20% off with free gift wrapping from 4-8 p.m. (some exclusions will apply.) Fine jewelry will be 25-50% off.
– Elliott Insurance will have free popcorn from 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
– Farm Bureau Insurance & Greeley County Farm Bureau will have snacks, drawings, and giveaways from 5-7 pm.
– Farm Boys Tire & Service will host an open house from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. and have refreshments for those who attend.
– The Farmer’s Daughter Mercantile Mobile Boutique will be set up downtown from 5-8 p.m.
– Gooch’s Foods will be open from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. and shoppers can enter to win a prize basket or $100 in free groceries. They will host a Sip & Shop from 5-6 p.m.
– I Know a Guy will provide a comfortable place to wait for carriage rides and offer free hot drinks from 5-8 p.m.
– Remember Flowers with Flair will have Thanksgiving bouquets and arrangements available from 1 – 5 p.m.
– Rocket Tire and Auto will be open from 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. and have in-house sales all day long.
– Saks on Broadway will be open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
–TBK Bank will offer a hot chocolate bar and cinnamon twists from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Those stopping in will be entered to win one of three “Go Local” gift baskets.
– United Plains Ag’s Agronomy Center will host snacks and drinks from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
-Shop Locally for Christmas Program: The Shop Locally for Christmas program will begin Friday, November 19, with the first drawing scheduled for Wednesday, December 1.
–Medallion Hunt. The first clue for the annual medallion hunt will be posted on Friday, November 19. Clues will come out weekly after that. Once found, the medallion must be turned in immediately to claim the $100 Greeley County Bucks prize.
If you have questions about an event or activity, please contact the organization in charge or Greeley County Community Development at (620) 376-2548.